What data do we collect?
We collect data from recruitment candidates, suppliers and clients. The data we collect includes but is not limited to the following:
- Personal identification information – name, email address, personal contact details, gender
- Employment information – job title, company name, work contact details, previous roles
- Background information – interests and preferences
We collect data when you visit our website through Google Analytics. This is mainly technical data, such as your internet browser and time of the page view. We do not personally identify any individual visiting our website.
How do we collect your data?
We collect and process data in the following ways:
- You provide it to us. This can be, for example, data that you share when you are applying for a role, providing a service, or receiving a service from M.E.C Plumbing & Heating Ltd.
- Publicly available sources. These are platforms that make data available to the public, for example, LinkedIn.
- Third parties instructed by you to act on your behalf. This data is given to us by third parties who have been instructed to do so, for example, recruitment agencies.
- Through our website. Data are automatically recorded by Google Analytics when you visit our website.
How will we use your data?
The data we collect is confidential and is used only for the following purposes:
- Service provision – collecting data pertaining to the services we provide our clients
- Marketing and customer relationship management – informing various stakeholders about events or updates that may be of interest depending on user preferences through EDMs (Electronic Direct Mail)
- Recruitment – collecting data from candidates who apply for roles at M.E.C Plumbing & Heating Ltd
- Legal obligations – collecting data that M.E.C Plumbing & Heating Ltd is legally obliged to disclose
- Website – analysing the traffic and user behaviour on our website to improve user experience
How do we store your data?
We will retain data provided to us by you for three years from the last date of engagement or service provision, unless a request to be forgotten is received. All data processed on our website through Google Analytics is retained for two years.
We operate in Hong Kong, Paris, London and Sydney. In the event that we share personal data between these locations we ensure that these data are secured at all times.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
For clients, suppliers and applicants our legal basis for collecting and storing your personal information is that of legitimate business interests.
What are your data protection rights?
Every individual whose data we hold is entitled to the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed – You have the right to free information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipient, and the purpose of the data processing.
- The right to withdraw consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your data.
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any further questions on the subject of personal data, please contact us as email@example.com
Our website uses Google Analytics, a third-party analytical software, to gather statistical information about our website users. This allows us to monitor website traffic to improve the user experience on our website.
You may opt out of this tracking at any time by activating the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser. For more information on opt-out options, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What cookies do we use and for what reasons?
We use analytics cookies through Google Analytics. These cookies provide us with information about the traffic and users’ behaviour on our website, including the number of visitors and number of clicks to pages. We use these cookies to understand what interests our users, to help us improve how our website works, and to measure how effective our website is.
How to manage cookies
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org